A quick guide to the broker-themed mega-dungeon — Tazavesh, The Veiled Market!
Season 4 is live, and most Shadowlands dungeons have been cut from the m+ pool. The lone Shadowlands dungeon to survive the cut is Tazavesh — the 8-boss mega-dungeon introduced in patch 9.1. In this guide, I’ll give you a quick rundown on how to get to Tazavesh and a fast strategy to defeat each boss.
How to get to Tazavesh, The Veiled Market
To return to Tazavesh, all you need to do is take a flight path from Oribos. If you haven’t been to Tazavesh before, you’ll need to complete a short quest chain to unlock access.
How to unlock access to Tazavesh – Introductory Quests
The introductory quest chain for access to Tazavesh starts at the innkeeper in Oribos with a quest called “Al’ley Cat of Oribos.” Your character will need to be level 60 to obtain the quest. From there, the storyline continues with the following quests:
- The Al’ley Cat of Oribos
- Insider Trading
- Things Best Kept Dark
- Seeking Smugglers
- Above My Station
- Dead Drop
- Coins for the Ferryman
- The Veiled Market
After completing these quests, you can return to Tazavesh via flight path (not the barge you took for the quest).
There are a total of 8 bosses in Tazavesh, The Veiled Market. The first 5 bosses are part of the “streets” of the market, and the last 3 are included in So’leah’s Gambit. To help you in season 4, I want to give a quick strategy for each boss in the dungeon.
This doesn’t include every mechanic, but it should give you a decent idea of how to handle each boss.
Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder Bosses
- Zo’phex the Sentinel – Don’t stand in swirling blades and avoid attacking the boss when his shield is facing you. Find and run to your weapon when the boss steals it and silences you. Run before you are fixated and help break the fixated/trapped player out.
- The Grand Menagerie – Three bosses
- Alcruux – Avoid blue orbs that fall from the sky. Spread if you have a swirling blue aura around you.
- Achillite – Spread for large blue ring debuff (can dispel). Eat the bouncing blue orbs that Achillite creates if you have the blue swirling aura from Alcruux around you. DPS the boss’ shield off and interrupt.
- Venza Goldfuse – Run when she tries to pull you in and break chains on party members.
- Mailroom Mayhem – Soak hazardous liquid swirling circles and stack in the gold ring. Pick up explosive briefcases and throw them down the wind-filled chutes with the extra action button.
- Myza’s Oasis – Grab an instrument whenever notes appear on the ground and stay out of ground swirls. Spread for suppression spark debuff. Avoid boss’ frontal cone and deflection mechanic (Crowd Control).
- So’azmi – Spread to avoid getting hit by boss’ dash that leaves a bleed. Use teleporters to avoid energy waves and to get to the boss when the room is split by walls. Interrupt the Double Technique ability twice before the cast finishes.
Tazavesh: So’leah’s Gambit Bosses
- Hylbrande – Don’t stand in front of the boss to avoid getting hit by his slash (unless you are the tank). Sidestep Titanic Crash frontal cone and move out of the group when targeted by the gold beam that leaves pools on the ground. Take the colored runes to each corner of the room based on the solution shown on the console at the front of the room when the boss becomes immune during Sanitizing Cycle. Downloading the Rune Helper addon helps a lot with this phase.
- Timecap’n Hooktail – Avoid frontal cone and tail swipe. The tank should aim the frontal cone at adds that spawn to kill them. Stay out of fire swirls and the water. Run away from the ship when you are being dragged by the chain.
- So’leah –
- Phase 1: Kill and interrupt adds. Run into glowing orbs to apply a dot and remove a charge from the star. Once your dot falls off, run into the orb again until all the charges are done (4 total).
- Phase 2 (at 40%): Stand near a relic when targeted by Hyperlight Jolt so the beam passes through all of them. Move out of AoE rings before they explode. Avoid gold missiles that shoot out of the relics.
Other Season 4 Dungeon Guides
If this guide helped you, feel free to check out my guides for the other dungeons in the m+ pool for season 4!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Tazavesh is located on a floating island that can be found between Ardenweld and Revendreth in the Shadowlands.
There is no direct portal to Tazavesh. Players can reach the dungeon entrance by taking a flight path from Oribos after completing the introductory quest chain.
Depending on the coordination level of your group, it could take anywhere from 1 to 2+ hours to defeat all the bosses in Tazavesh.
You can get the password to Myza’s Oasis by playing a trading mini-game with the brokers in the market. To begin, you’ll need to buy the item sold by Xy’darid — the broker found near the door to Myza’s Oasis.
The item he sells is random, and you’ll need to take it to the appropriate broker in the market. For example, if Xy’darid sells you Cheap Spices, you’ll need to take them to the Exotic Spice Merchant and drop them in the circle with the extra action button.
After dropping the spices, the NPC will give you a different item that needs to be taken to the next broker. After doing this three times, the last broker will provide you with a two-word password to enter the Oasis!
The console puzzle seems a little confusing at first, but it is straightforward. When the boss moves to the middle of the room and becomes immune, you need to have one party member go to the console at the back of the room and click to see the correct order for the runes.
That player can then communicate the order via voice chat or group chat. To make things easy, you can also download the Rune Helper addon. This allows you to click on the correct rune order and hit a button to announce the order in group chat.
If you want higher item-level gear and a cool glider mount, you can activate the hard mode of Tazavesh. To do this, you’ll need to acquire a neckpiece called the Passably-Forged Credentials. This can be done by following the steps below:
1. Defeat Zo’phex — the first boss.
2. Head down the stairs to the right and buy the Fraudulent Credentials neck from the Questionable Trader.
3. Gain access to Myza’s Oasis by completing the trading mini-game.
4. Head down the stairs into the Oasis and look for an NPC named Au’manal. He can be found sitting in the recessed seating on the left.
5. Equip the neck you got earlier and speak to Au’manal to exchange it for the Passably-Forged Credentials.
6. Accept the quest for hard mode that pops up after receiving the neck.
If you want a great detailed video walkthrough, check out this hard mode guide from Mythic Trap.