A quick guide to the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon from World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Welcome! In this guide, I’ll show you how to get to the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon’s entrance, give you a quick strategy for each boss, and answer a few common questions.
How to Get to Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
Shadowmoon Burial Grounds is located on Draenor in the Shadowmoon Valley zone. There are two main ways to get to the dungeon.
- Use your Garrison Hearthstone (if you have it), and then fly to Shadowmoon Valley.
- Take the Warspear, Ashran portal found in Orgrimmar or Stormwind, and then make your way to the dungeon.
Where is the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon Entrance?
The entrance for Shadowmoon Burial Grounds is located on the western side of Shadowmoon Valley at /way 31.9, 42.4. It is found in the stone courtyard portion of Anguish Fortress and, like other dungeons, has a meeting stone to summon other party members.
Shadowmoon Burial Grounds Boss Guide
There are four bosses in this dungeon. To help you in Dragonflight season 1, I will provide a quick one to two-sentence strategy for each boss. Whether you are new to the game or just need a refresher on mechanics, this should give you a basic understanding of what you need to know to survive each encounter.
- Sadana Bloodfury – Kill adds before they reach the boss, don’t let daggers that fall from the sky hit you, and stand in white ground runes when the boss casts Dark Eclipse.
- Nhallish – Avoid purple swirls on the ground, run from the purple vortex that tries to pull you in, and don’t stand in pools. When the boss splits your soul, kill your spirit and click on it to get a 40% healing/damage buff and return to phase one.
- Bonemaw – Don’t get hit by the boss’s body slam (indicated by purple sparkles on the platform). The boss will spit on players and leave behind a sticky necrotic pool. Stand in the spit when the boss tries to inhale you; otherwise, don’t stand in it.
- Ner’Zhul – Move away from flashing purple lightning pillars and dodge the boss’s frontal cone. The boss will summon a wall of skeletons; to get through it, you’ll need to focus one down and then move through the gap that appears.
Watch Where You Step.
There aren’t too many mechanics to worry about outside of the boss fights in SBG. Unlike more recent dungeons like Tazavesh, there aren’t puzzles or extra buffs to know about.
However, it is important to watch your step in this dungeon.
As you approach the first boss, you’ll see purple runes on the ground that you’ll want to avoid stepping on.
Then, further on in the dungeon, right before the second boss (Nhallish), you will see headstones buried in the ground with purple mist coming out of them. If you step on them, an add will spawn.
I played through this dungeon many times during Warlords of Draenor, and I can’t tell you how annoying these headstones got when a bunch of extra adds were spawning.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Shadowmoon Burial Grounds was released during the Warlords of Draenor expansion.
You can find the entrance to the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon on the west side of Shadowmoon Valley in Draenor.